National Authors Day is an annual observance that encourages people to recognize and celebrate the contributions of authors to literature and culture. It’s a day to express gratitude to authors for their creativity and dedication to storytelling.
Since the first celebration in 1968, on November 1st each year, millions of people celebrate authors and the books they write on what is known as National Author’s Day. Across the country, people take time to read their favorite books, purchase books by their favorite authors, share their favorite novels online with the hashtag #NationalAuthorsDay, and encourage aspiring authors in their lives. View the videos below to learn more about the history of books in America, various authors’ writing styles and processes, and the importance and impact of books.
As an author, your mission is to publish your research in a high-quality publication to advance your scientific field. IEEE has a similar mission: to publish high-quality research that advances technology for the benefit of humanity. Join us in inspiring engineering solutions that make the world a better place.
Preparing your work for publication with IEEE should be seamless. Save time and effort with authoring tools and resources that will help you write, prepare, and share your research better.
Become an IEEE Journal Author
IEEE is a trusted source for researchers in academia, industry, and government. IEEE journals, transactions, and letters are among the most respected publications in the technology community. For over 130 years, IEEE has offered an unparalleled platform for showcasing work that matters.
Why should you publish with IEEE?
- IEEE publishes nearly a third of the world’s technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics.
- IEEE is the most cited publisher in US and European new technology patents, with 3x more citations than other publishers.
- With 150+ journals, 40+ magazines, and 1,800+ annual conference proceedings, IEEE has a publishing outlet to fit your research.
- Articles are published in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. The premier source for technical content, IEEE Xplore has over 5 million documents and provides 8 million downloads each month.
- The IEEE Principles of Scholarly Publishing affirms that IEEE provides peer-reviewed and unbiased information that enhances the quality of life for all people.
Publish Books with IEEE
IEEE publishes books through our partnership with John Wiley & Sons. Written by leading experts in the field, Wiley-IEEE Press books are a vital source for authoritative and cutting-edge knowledge. Wiley-IEEE Press is known by readers and librarians as the leading text and reference portfolio in electrical engineering and related fields.
- The book publishing process starts with a book proposal. The proposal will outline the type of book you are writing, why you are writing it, and how you plan to structure it.
- Submit your completed book proposal to the IEEE Press Acquisitions staff. IEEE will review it and work with you to help you refine your proposal.
- After your proposal is accepted, you will need to sign a publication contract.
- Then you can start writing your manuscript.
- Once you submit your manuscript draft, your book will enter the production process.
- Your book will be published and ready for promotion.
To learn more about publishing at the IEEE please visit the Author Center.